Jacobus General Policies:
- No posters or flyers may be placed in Jacobus except in designated areas. All posters or flyers must have the approval of the Office of Student Life.
- Any property lost in the Jacobus Student Center will be kept behind the manager's desk for one day. After that, it will be given to Stevens Police to be kept in their lost and found area.
- Furniture may not be removed from Jacobus or moved to different areas within the building without the permission of the staff member on duty.
- Animals, gambling, and alcohol are not allowed anywhere in the Jacobus Lounge, Conference Rooms or Student Organization Resource Center.
- No commercial sales or solicitation will be conducted within Jacobus unless approved by the Jacobus Advisory Board.
- Any activities that may harm Jacobus property or other people in Jacobus including, but not limited to, sitting on game tables, wrestling, and abusing the pool sticks, are grounds for ejection. Any activities that violate existing laws are grounds for ejection and campus police will be notified.
- Failure to comply with the Jacobus rules may lead to removal from the building.
Jacobus Reservation Policies:
- Reservations will be made at a first come, first served basis with no group or groups having priority over others.
- The individuals holding an event are responsible for cleaning up after the event and will be held responsible for any damages incurred.
- NO ALCOHOL is permitted in Jacobus at any time.
- The Dance Studio is available for reservation through the Jacobus website. Additionally, several physical education classes meet in the dance studio. Classes have priority.
- All requests for the Dance Studio must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your request, otherwise your request will not be accepted. The reservation request form is only for the Dance Studio. The adjoining Cycling Studio is not available for general requests.
Jacobus Lounge and Game Room Policies:
- All events held in the Jacobus Lounge must be open to all undergraduate students.
- There is no eating or drinking in the game room.
- All individuals entering the lounge must show their Stevens ID to the Jacobus staff member. There is a limit of 2 non-Stevens guests per ID card, unless there are special circumstances. Tour guides for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions who are bringing people around are exempt from this policy.
- Only Jacobus managers are permitted behind the manager's desk. There are no exceptions.
- Individuals must surrender a Stevens ID card in order to borrow Jacobus game room supplies.
- Shirts and shoes/sandals must be worn at all times in the lounge and game room.