Congratulations on your decision to attend Stevens! It is our priority to ensure that you transition smoothly into life on campus. All incoming freshmen are required to attend Orientation for Fall 2013. The objective of Orientation is for you to get to know your classmates, learn how to be successful at Stevens and enjoy the beginning of a new adventure. The schedule for Orientation 2013 is currently not available however, you may view the schedule from 2012 HERE.
Orientation will take place from Wednesday, August 21-Sunday, August 25, 2013. You will receive information in the mail throughout the summer regarding your check-in time.
General Information About Check-In/Move-In
• When you arrive on campus please proceed to the 2nd floor of the Howe Center to check-in where you will receive a welcome packet, key to your room, and your ID. Your party and vehicle will be directed to your residence hall to begin unloading. Make sure those in your vehicle know which hall and room number you will be residing in.
• Families are welcome to join us for lunch on the Palmer Lawn from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
• Don't forget that your HEALTH FORM must be completed prior to check-in.
• Students can sign up for an account at PNC Bank during Orientation as well as speak with representatives from various offices on campus.
• Commuters are expected to participate in all events during orientation.
• Plan to arrive between 11:00am-12:00pm and check-in on the 2nd floor of the Howe Center, where you will receive a welcome packet and your ID.
• There will be an important Commuter’s meeting at 2:00pm.
• International students are expected to participate in all events during orientation.
• Plan to arrive between 10:00am-11:00pm and check-in on the 2nd floor of the Howe Center, where you will receive a welcome packet and your ID.
• There is a MANDATORY meeting at 11:00am for all F1 and J1 students.
• Please contact International Student and Scholar Services for more information on required documentation.
Registration for Pre-Orientation is now open - REGISTER HERE! Registration will close on July 12th.
Many of our incoming freshmen choose to participate in a Pre-Orientation experience, which takes place a few days prior to the start of Orientation. With these experiences, we want you to begin your journey at Stevens by spending it with people who share your interests beyond the classroom. We offer four Pre-Orientation experiences that will allow you to get to know some of your new classmates before classes even start, meet members of the Stevens faculty and administration, and take a new journey, all at the same time. These include: Outdoor Adventure, Performing Arts, City Life, and Sports & Fitness. The cost to participate in each of these events is $275, which will be billed to your account in September. For all of our Pre-Orientation programs, resident students will be able to move into their Stevens residence halls upon arrival.